Triund Trek (Two day trek for an adventure seeker)
Triund trek is blessed with amazing adventure. From triund hill one can enjoy the spectacular landscape of mighty Dhauladhar mountain range. Triund is at 2842 meters above the sea level. The trek to Triund is about 9 km long. This trail has become rather popular among both the domestic as well as international tourists. It is best for the adventure enthusiasts who happen to be on a schedule as this trek alone can fulfill that yearning for adventure.
The trail offers a majestic view and you can sense the warmth of nature as you trek on. The entire trek is covered with thick oak and deodar trees. Here lies the opportunity for you to observe different species of Himalayan birds. The trek is littered with exotic varieties of flora and fauna.
- Duration: 2 days/1 night.
- Grade: Easy.
- Altitude: 2900 metres.
- Starting point: Mcleodganj.
Day 1 (Mcleodganj to Triund)
On day one, the trek will start in the morning at 10 am from Mcleodganj or Bhagsu Nag. The trek is a steep ascent passing through the thick jungles of oak, deodar and rhododendron trees. You will stay at camp for a night. Dinner will be served with the crackling of the bonfire.
Day 2 (Triund to Mcleodganj)
After breakfast at camp, you start walking to snowline which is further 2 km ascent from Triund campsite. Lunch will be served at Triund campsite and then walks back to Mcleodganj or Bhagsu Nag.
- Accommodation in tents on share basis.
- Tents, sleeping bags and mattresses.
- Trekking guide and cook for 2 days.
- Vegetarian meal. Lunch and dinner on first day. Breakfast and Lunch on second day.
- Morning and evening tea with biscuits or cookies.
- Transportation expenses to/from Mcleodganj before and after the trek.
- Hotel accommodation before and after the trek is not included.
- Mineral water, soft drinks or any other beverage is not included in the package.
- Tips are not included.
- Any personal cost, personal porter for carrying rucksack etc.
- Any other services that are not mentioned in the inclusion.
Things to carry:
- Rucksack with waterproof cover.
- ID card.
- Trekking shoes.
- Adequate clothing.
- Extra pair of socks.
- Sun screen lotion.
- Sun Glasses.
- Water bottle.
- Torch with extra cells.
- Tissue paper.
- Brush and toothpaste.
- Plastic polybag for wet/dry cloths and garbage.
- Contact list of person, telephone no. and address.
Note: Good Fitness is required for the trek.