Minkiani Pass Trek
Minkiani Pass Trek is very less explored trek in Dhauladhar mountain range. Minkiani pass is further 4.5 kms from Kareri Lake therefore it is a perfect blend of scenery and adventure. This trek is paradise for wildlife lover since you get a chance to see different species of Himalayan birds and if you are lucky you can get a glimpse of leopard, Himalayan fox and many other wildlife species. The altitude of Minkiani pass is same as Indrahar pass (4300 meters) from where you can experience the beautiful panorama of the Himalayan mountains. The route to Minkiani pass is steep hence; you must have good fitness for this trek.
- Duration: 5 days/4 nights.
- Grade: Easy to Moderate.
- Altitude: 4300 metres.
- Starting point: Mcleodganj.
Day 1 (Mcleodganj to Kareri village)
Our trek starts from Mcleodganj at 9 am in the morning. After having breakfast, we will start our trek to Kareri village. The trek to Kareri village is an easy trek, which calls for 4 to 5 hours to get to our first day campsite. W shall have lunch and dinner at Kareri village camp. At dark, enjoy the bonfire.
Day 2 (Kareri village to Rioti camp)
Today our journey will begin towards Rioti campsite. Rioti is a beautiful campground located along the bank of Nyund stream. Here you can savor the ambiance of the Jungle.
Day 3 (Rioti camp to Kareri lake)
This is the day when we will climb to reach Kareri Lake. This Lake is a sacred lake for local people. At Kareri lake we will fix our camp and enjoy the surroundings. We would hold a campfire if weather allows.
Day 4 (Kareri lake to Minkiani pass and back to Kareri lake)
Day 4 is the most difficult portion of the trek as we will ascend to Minkiani pass. Rocky tracks and glaciers make this trek quite challenging. We have to start early so that we can get more time to spend at Minkiani pass. After expending some time we will fall back to Kareri Lake. The overnight stop will be at Kareri lake.
Day 5 (Kareri Lake to Mcleodganj / Dharamshala)
On final day of the trek, we will go down to Kareri village, where we have our lunch and ride back to Mcleodganj or Dharamshala.
- Tents, sleeping bags and mattresses.
- Accommodation in tents on share basis.
- Trekking guide and a cook for 5 days.
- Transportation from Kareri village to Mcleodganj/ Dharamshala.
- Vegetarian meal. Lunch and dinner on 1st day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner on 2nd and 3rd and 4th day. Breakfast and lunch on 5th day.
- Morning and evening tea with biscuits or cookies.
- Transportation expenses to/from Mcleodganj before and after the trek.
- Hotel accommodation before and after the trek is not included.
- Mineral water, soft drinks or any other beverages are not included in the package.
- Snacks or any other food items on the way are not included.
- Tips are not included.
- Any personal cost, personal porter for carrying rucksack etc.
- Other services that are not mentioned in the inclusion.
Things to carry:
- Rucksack with waterproof cover.
- ID card.
- Trekking shoes.
- Adequate clothing.
- Extra pair of socks.
- Sun screen lotion.
- Sun Glasses.
- Water bottle.
- Torch with extra cells.
- Tissue paper.
- Brush and toothpaste.
- Plastic polybag for wet/dry cloths and garbage.
- Contact list of person, telephone no. and address.
Note: Good Fitness is required for the trek.