The Lahesh Caves act as shelter for Gaddi shepherds who use this trail while moving to Lauhal and Spiti valley with herd of sheeps during summer. Trek starts from upper Dharamkot and passes through adorable Triund, Ilaqa glacier. McLeodganj to Lahesh caves trek via Triund is a easy to moderate difficulty trek.
- Duration: 3 days/2 nights.
- Grade: Easy to Moderate.
- Altitude: 3700 metres.
- Starting point: Mcleodganj.
Day 1 (Mcleodganj to Triund)
Today we will walk on the beautiful trail to Triund. We will trek through mixed woodlands of deodar, oak and rhododendron. Our trek will start from Mcleodganj. We will stay at Triund in tents and enjoy the scenic beauty of Dhauladhar Mountains.
Day 2 (Triund to Lahesh caves and back to Triund)
We will depart early in the morning as this day is perhaps one of the most challenging days. After tea and breakfast we will begin our trek to Snowline café, here we will stay for some time, then we will continue our journey towards Lahesh caves. Today, we will get a chance to cross the Ilaqa glacier to reach Lahesh caves. Overnight stay at Triund.
Day 3 (Triund to Mcleodganj)
Last day of our trek, we will descend back to Mcleodganj. From Dharamkot you can board a cab to Mcleodganj.
- Tents, sleeping bags and mattresses.
- Accommodation in tents on share basis.
- Trekking guide and a cook for 3 days.
- Vegetarian meal. Lunch and dinner on 1st day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner on 2nd day. Breakfast on 3th day.
- Morning and evening tea with biscuits or cookies.
- Transportation expenses to/from Mcleodganj before and after the trek.
- Hotel accommodation before and after the trek is not included.
- Mineral water, soft drinks or any other beverages are not included in the package.
- Snacks or any other food items on the way are not included.
- Tips are not included.
- Any personal cost, personal porter for carrying rucksack etc.
- Any other services that are not mentioned in the inclusion.
Things to carry:
- Rucksack with waterproof cover.
- ID card.
- Trekking shoes.
- Adequate clothing.
- Extra pair of socks.
- Sun screen lotion.
- Sun Glasses.
- Water bottle.
- Torch with extra cells.
- Tissue paper.
- Brush and toothpaste.
- Plastic polybag for wet/dry cloths and garbage.
- Contact list of person, telephone no. and address.
Note: Good Fitness is required for the trek.