Kareri Lake Trek (A Splendid Hike to Sacred Lake)
Kareri Lake Trek is one of the fascinating treks in the Himalayas. This glacial lake is brimmed by the snow melting from glaciers and is located at the height of 3300 meters in the mighty Dhauladhar mountain range. The synonym of Kareri lake trek is Adventure as this trek renders you the ultimate feel of thrill. During this expedition, you cross the water stream, pass through the thick pine woods and wildlife around you pumps adrenaline in your body leaving you with a long lasting sense of wonderment. On the other hand, the only temple of Lord Shiva around this lake lends a devotional and mystical atmosphere.
- Duration: 4 days/3 nights.
- Grade: Moderate.
- Altitude: 3300 metres.
- Starting Point: Mcleodganj.
Day 1 (Mcleodganj to Kareri Village)
Mcleodganj is the starting point for Kareri lake trek. A Beautiful trail passes through the dense woodland that cut across many small villages takes you to Kareri Village. We will serve lunch and dinner at Kareri village and overnight stay in tents at Kareri village.
Day 2 (Kareri village to Rioti Campsite)
Today’s target is Rioti which is a small camping area along the way to Kareri Lake. It takes 4 to 5 hours hike to reach Rioti. The trek starts with the gradual ascent which swaddle around Nyund stream, therefore, we have to cross water stream and you will get opportunity to see many species of Himalayan birds. At night, we would have a bonfire if weather permits.
Day 3 (Rioti to Kareri Lake)
After having a nice sleep at beautiful Rioti camp, further our journey will continue towards Kareri lake. In afternoon we will reach Kareri lake where you can enjoy the lush green meadow with panoramic view. Moreover, you will get a chance to walk over a glacier and you can also see the shepherds’ hut where they stay during summers.
Day 4 (Kareri lake to Kareri village)
On last day, we shall hike back to Kareri village and one can board a cab to Mcleodganj or Dharamshala from Kareri village.
- Tents, sleeping bags and mattresses.
- Accommodation in tents on share basis.
- Trekking guide and a cook for 4 days.
- Vegetarian meal. Lunch and dinner on 1st day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner on 2nd and 3rd day and we serve breakfast on 4th day.
- Morning and evening tea with biscuits or cookies.
- Transportation expenses to/from Mcleodganj before and after the trek.
- Hotel accommodation before and after the trek.
- Mineral water, soft drinks or any other beverages are not included in the package.
- Snacks or any other food items on the way are not included.
- Tips are not included.
- Any personal cost, personal porter for carrying rucksack etc.
- Other services that are not mentioned in the inclusion.
Things to carry:
- Rucksack with waterproof cover.
- ID card.
- Trekking shoes.
- Adequate clothing.
- Extra pair of socks.
- Sun screen lotion.
- Sun Glasses.
- Water bottle.
- Torch with extra cells.
- Tissue paper.
- Brush and toothpaste.
- Plastic poly-bag for wet/dry cloths and garbage.
- Contact list of person, telephone no. and address.
Note: Good Fitness is required for the trek.