Indrahar Pass Trek
The Indrahar pass trek is the most popular trek amongst the trekkers. This mountain pass is located at the height of 4300 meters from the sea level. One can appreciate the vast beauty of the Himalayan mountains from this pass. This pass plays an important role for Gaddi shepherds who cross this pass with their herd of sheep every year to reach the lush green meadow of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh. Despite the difficulty of this hike, most of the amateur trekkers love to accomplish this task as this provides the magnificent landscape views which put the unforgettable impression on their heart. Moreover, Triund, Ilaqa Glacier and natural Lahesh caves act as a halting point for the Indrahar pass trek.
- Duration: 4 days/3 nights.
- Grade: Easy to Moderate.
- Altitude: 4300 metres.
- Starting point: Mcleodganj.
Day 1 (Mcleodganj to Snowline)
After breakfast, we will start our journey with a short drive to Upper Dharamkot. The trek starts from Upper Dharamkot and it passes through a beautiful jungle of the Himalayas. It takes about 4 to 5 hours to reach Snowline. We shall have lunch and dinner at Snowline campsite.
Day 2 (Snowline to Lahesh caves)
Lahesh caves are natural caves which lie on the way to Indrahar pass. Today we will set our camp at Lahesh caves. To reach Lahesh caves we have to pass through the giant Ilaqa Glacier. If the caves are vacant, then we will stay in Lahesh caves, otherwise we will descend back to base camp at Ilaqa Glacier/Snowline.
Day 3 (Ilaqa Glacier/Lahesh caves to Indrahar pass and back to Snowline campsite)
This part of the trek is the most difficult part therefore we will depart early to reach Indrahar pass so that we can have more time to spend at pass and enjoy the scenic sight of the Pir Panjal mountain range of Himalaya. After gathering the beautiful moments at Indrahar pass, we will descend to Snowline camp.
Day 4 (Snowline campite to Mcleodganj)
On final day we will move down towards Dharamkot where our journey ends with beautiful memories.
- Tents, sleeping bags and mattresses.
- Accommodation in tents on share basis.
- Trekking guide and a cook for 4 days.
- Transportation to Dharamkot from Mcleodganj and from Dharamkot to Mcleodganj.
- Vegetarian meal. Lunch and dinner on first day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner on second and third day. Breakfast on 4th day.
- Morning and evening tea with biscuits or cookies.
- Transportation expenses to/from Mcleodganj before and after the trek.
- Hotel accommodation before and after the trek is not included.
- Mineral water, soft drinks or any other beverages are not included in the package.
- Snacks or any other food items on the way are not included.
- Tips are not included.
- Any personal cost, personal porter for carrying rucksack etc.
- Other services that are not mentioned in the inclusion.
Things to carry:
- Rucksack with waterproof cover.
- ID card.
- Trekking shoes.
- Adequate clothing.
- Extra pair of socks.
- Sun screen lotion.
- Sun Glasses.
- Water bottle.
- Torch with extra cells.
- Tissue paper.
- Brush and toothpaste.
- Plastic polybag for wet/dry cloths and garbage.
- Contact list of person, telephone no. and address.
Note: Good Fitness is required for the trek.